Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011 lays down harmonised provisions for the free movement of construction products.
The CE marking indicates that the products comply with harmonised standards. -(hereinafter referred to as EN). Certification of conformity allows the manufacturer to affix the CE marking, both on commercial documents and on its packaging, through product labelling.
The essential requirements to be fulfilled by the works in which CE marked products are incorporated are:
- Mechanical strength and stability.
- Safety in case of fire.
- Safety and accessibility.
- Noise protection.
- Energy saving and thermal insulation.
- Sustainable use of natural resources.
Commission Communication 2003/C271/12, in the framework of the implementation of Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council, includes a number of products that must declare the conformity of their products with the applicable harmonised standards:
- Aggregates: UNE-EN-ISO 12620:2003 + A1:2009, UNE-EN-ISO 13139:2003/AC:2004, among others.
- Clay masonry units: UNE-EN 771-1:2011, UNE-EN 1344:2015, among others.
- Precast concrete products: UNE-EN 1168:2006 + A3:2012, UNE-EN 13225:2013, UNE-EN 13369:2013, among others.
- Windows and external pedestrian doorsets (UNE EN 14351-1:2006).
- Anti-glare systems for roads (UNE-EN 12676-1:2000).
- Piezas para fábrica de albañilería: Piezas cerámicas, silicocalcáreas, bloques de hormigón y piezas de hormigón celular curado en autoclave. (BOE-A-2004-13364)
- Specification for ancillary components for masonry. (UNE-EN 845-1, 2 y 3:2004).
- Specification for mortar for masonry. (UNE-EN 998-1 Y 2:2003 and 2004, respectively).
- Concrete paving blocks. (UNE-EN 1338:2004).
- Concrete paving flags (UNE-EN 1339:2004).